Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Night With Scott Rigsby


Last night I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a presentation given by Scott Rigsby. Some of you may remember his successful trip to Kona in 2006 when he became the first double amputee to ever complete the Ironman.

These days, he travels all over the country speaking to children, adults, veterans, athletes and corporations. His message is simple, do the unthinkable. His story is remarkable, not because of the tragedy to triumph, but more because of the way he views his life and the new meaning that has been injected by fulfilling his purpose and plan. He has a way of giving hope to others, without certain body parts or completely whole that gives you confidence that even out of what some may consider the worst of situations, good certainly can come.

I particularly liked his quote about operating on faith means to take the first step on a staircase that you cannot see. I did that last year, and I'm about to do it again. In fact, some days I think I do it on a day by day or even hour by hour basis.

Scott was just a down right nice guy and a genuine and sincere human being who cared above all else that people put away their fear and attempted something, anything, that was a challenge. I really appreciate what people like this can do in our world. It is truly a gift and I am so glad they choose to use it.

He was willing to take a picture with me before heading out so that was wonderful. Hats off to you my friend and thank you for sharing your story.

No comments: