Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thankfulness

Sometimes life it tough. No way around it.
I know many of you have picked up on the fact that it's been an interesting ride over the past five months or so, and seems to continue to be just that. Every week I hope to get in my workouts, and don't. Every week I hope for a bit of normalcy or the feeling I used to have around all my friends at the gym, and I don't get it. Every week I keep praying I will feel more comfortable in my surroundings and find new and interesting things to do or experience, sometimes I do, more often I don't.

So that's that. It is what it is as I say quite frequently. One thing I've been thinking about so much lately is thankfulness.
My mother, on many of our llloooonngg conversations about what's going on in my mind and how I can stay positive and my usual upbeat self, reminded me to list things I am thankful for every time I start to get on a bad track.
Mothers, they're wise you know. This isn't a new concept, but it's one that you have to be reminded of every once in awhile that you really do have so much in your life to be thankful for so you might as well think about that and not all the things that aren't so perfect. Yes Mom, I'm working on it.

Just when things seemed rather bleak with a crazy week of travel to DC last week and an even crazier weekend... I get a big surprise to be thankful for by a fellow blogger. How lucky am I? How could someone know it would make my week, my year and my millennium to get such a wonderful, thoughtful, heartfelt, hand-made gift. Well, she did, and I couldn't be more thankful for the time she spent making my day and week and year that much better.

This beautiful work of art was done by Jen and it is just awesome. She's not even a painter, and I don't know that I agree because if you would see what I would do to something like this, it wouldn't even be legible.

God must have been looking out for me, knowing I needed something to smile and look at on my office wall every day when I felt a bit alone.




If that wasn't enough, I FINALLY got two TYR grab bag bathing suits in the mail after ordering them almost two months ago. I've been swimming in the same suit forever and it is pitiful. I had all sorts of size issues and discontinuation issues and THEN address issues (sent to the old house) before these two beauties finally arrived. They fit like a dream and the price of around 18.00 per suit is right!!




Cute Flower Extreme Close Up

I'm so excited. I really think my color is blue. Everything seems to be point in that direction, my bike, my Mark Allen Team, my new website. It must be my signature color so BLUE it is!


Hope everyones' training is going well. If I can swim more than zero times this week I will be doing better than last week! I do have much to be thankful for, family, enough money in the bank to buy groceries, a roof over my head, good friends, and even the time to train for triathlons.. Have a great night everyone.

No comments: