Thursday, April 14, 2011

He Made It... Way to Go Jimmy

Thanks for all the kind words about Jimmy. He made it! It was an incredible hot day out there and the humidity got the best of many athletes. However, I'm so proud of him for never giving up and most importantly, above all else, making it to that finish line. I always tell people at their first attempt at any new distance, that's the goal - finish. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

If you want to see a bit of his journey through Galveston 70.3, he's put a video together on youtube that you can view here. I'm just so proud of him... great job Jimmy!!

This week has been crazy. I've been in Atlanta since Sunday for a work meeting and now it's 8:50pm, I'm packed, my house is somewhat clean, the bike is in the car and all my laundry is done. So, I guess you could say I'm prepared to leave!! I worked like a manic to get this point.. now's the fun part right!

I'll feel better once I get down there and get to see my good friends Heidi, Barb and of course Beth etc. I can't wait to give them all a big hug and spend some good time among friends.

On Sunday you can follow my progress on ironman.com under the New Orleans tab - athlete tracker with my name or the women 30-34.

Thanks so much for all of your support and encouragement. No matter how the racing part ever turns out, I love this sport, I bleed it.. and you all have been part of this journey that brings me so much happiness! I feel so blessed..

Time for bed! Another early flight tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

I just sent that video to an athlete of mine who has lost ~50 lbs and is planning on doing Ironman Louisville! Thanks for posting the motivation for him... :)

Barb said...

That is so awesome about Jimmy! Can't wait to hear more about his race. See you very soon!!! Safe travels!!

Kiet said...

We're all racing on Sunday, sending some good vibes your way, crush it!

Unknown said...

Good Luck!! :)