Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankfulness









I always think about Thankfulness more around this time of year. Sure, I think about it other times, but around the Holidays I often find myself a cross between sentimental, happy and sometimes just plain teary eyed. I'm not sure if its the lights, the thoughts of the year(s) past or just how amazing my friends and family are, but I can't help but smile. Sure, there's plenty of work to go around both on the weekdays and the weekends keeping me super busy and wondering how I'm going to get it all done, but it never ceases to amaze me how people come together around this time and take a minute to tell each other what they mean to one another. It's pretty dang cool.

In no particular order, I'm thankful for the following:
  • Turkey and Stuffing
  • Christmas Lights
  • My friends
  • Family
  • Christmas cards
  • Children (not mine, just in general :)
  • Pie
  • Ice cream
  • Warm fuzzy blankets
  • Good music to jam to / sing at the top of my lungs in the shower
  • Karaoke
  • Learning new things
  • New challenges
  • Scary stuff because it challenges us and makes us stronger
  • Movies
  • Petting dogs
  • My athletes
  • Our country
  • Opportunities I never even dreamed of happening
  • All the good stuff yet to come that I don't even know about yet
Two weekends ago I was fortunate to attend my sister-in-law's 30th Birthday Party. It was A-LOT of fun.. We had a blast and she entitled it "From the 20's to the 30's" so we had a 20's theme! It was at a speakeasy bar which was the perfect setting. I actually really like dressing up and I had such a good time just meeting her friends and hanging out with our family. Plus, I got to wear a Banana Republic dress that hadn't been broken out in a while and a feather - how can you not have fun when you get to wear a cool head thing (which ended up being WAY too tight and I had lines on my head for like a day after, but that's another story)! So, enjoy the pictures & I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Holiday!

What are you thankful for this season??

4 comments:

Kim said...

you look adorable!!!
i love your thankful list, and of course am always thankful for friends, family and good health!

The Triathlon Rx said...

Amen chica. Hope your thanksgiving was lovely!

Kiet said...

Right now, regaining my health. I'm not even worried about swim, bike, run, just being healthy is good enough.

Jamie said...

Love the dress! You look great when you aren't in spandex and coolmax. haha.

Happy (late) thanksgiving.