Sunday, June 2, 2013

You ARE an IRONMAN!!

“Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God”  ― Leo Buscaglia




I love love love this quote.  It sums up how I feel about any gifts that we each have regardless of what they are.  Sure, athleticism is held in high regard in society.  It will always probably be that way, but it shouldn't necessarily be the case.  Just as important is those who have a gift for teaching children at school, at vacation bible school or in their own home.  Some people have a beautiful singing voice and share it with their community via plays and musicals, their church or those in senior homes brightening the world around them with song.  No matter what it is you have a gift for, don't hide it under a rock.  Instead, use it to make this would a bit better than the way you found it and see if you can put a smile on someones face.  It's finding that joy in what we can do that makes this life worth living.. it's not about triathlon or winning or even a paycheck, it's about honoring the one who gave us these wonderful gifts to use to show others just how loved they are.

If you did Ironman Texas (or even if you didn't), I hope you'll enjoy the video of the day that Ironman puts together after the race.  Whether you crossed the line at 9 hours or 16 hours, it always feels so good to cross that finish line.  Even today, I'm still thankful that I was able to do that one more time at Texas!  Congrats to all that finished and to the girl on the run who said "I read your blog" as I went by -THANK YOU.  I could only manage a thumbs up I was in such a dark place, but that was really really cool!  You rock!

No comments: