So, I think I've done it. We'll I haven't done it, I had some crazy ideas and my coach talked enough sense into me to come up with a skeleton of a 2009 tri schedule. It's that why we have coaches - to talk us off the ledge when we are dangling a foot over, to calm us down when we get to excited in November for the next years season, and to guide us to non-stupid decision making and remind us that we are not in fact Super heroes of the triathlon world. I think it's something like that! Either way, I need them or I would no doubt be injured or something worse!
Here's the way I see it, I had an incredible opportunity to go to Hawaii this year, and it was everything I hoped it would be an more. Exactly what I was afraid would happen, has in fact happened folks, you were right here to witness it, I fell in love with Ironman (and I didn't completely stink at it either - which also doesn't help me say no to doing it again!).
So tentatively, here's whats on the docket (and the dates are probably incorrect - but close because I am not looking them up).
- Columbia Triathlon May 17th (Olymp)
- Buffalo Springs Lake June 25th (70.3)
- Pittsburgh Triathlon July 22nd (Olymp)
- Whirlpool Steelhead August 3rd (70.3) - this is a maybe, not signed up yet
- September - Not sure - maybe Halfmax Championships
- October - depends on June :)
- Ironman Florida OR Clearwater in November (also depends on June - I get HI, no IM Florida, I don't, I have a decision to make - go the distance, or if I get a Clearwater slot, go to Clearwater)
I'm leaning more toward IM Florida, mostly because I am about to pay big bucks if I can actually get in the race online this Sunday. We'll see!
Feel free to comment, or tell me I'm crazy, I don't mind at all!! Have at it!
In other news, I found these cute as a button running shirts at an expo for the Akron Marathon in September and ordered a bunch! Check them out!!
Have a spectacular weekend everyone! I'll be making the last of the move and starting from my home office on Monday!
They are from a company called "My Mottoz"
Good Luck this weekend Jerry at IM Florida! I'll be thinking of you all day and will definitely be cheering like a mad women at the computer screen! Go Jerry Go!!