Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Time


The Parade of Nations - USA had around 800 athletes

This was a saying on the back of our PSU Cross County shirts my final year. And it is time..

...to suit up and swim 2.4 miles with 1800 of my closest friends

...to keep the cadence high on the Queen K while sun beats down on my back

...to NAIL my nutrition

...to not be afraid to see what I am made of

...to put the money where my mouth is
...to see what all the months of training to get here were finally about!

...to encourage other athletes just like me trying their best out there

...to be thankful...I'm doing my first Ironman in the Ironman World Champs tomorrow!

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. All I can say is, I have a plan, I have great support and I love to race. What else could I possibly need right!?

I had a wonderful week here in Kona. Honestly, it is amazing and surreal at the same time. I saw all the crazies running at top speed down Ali drive from 7am to midnight (Kyle even said he saw someone at 5am the other morning...ok..maybe he couldn't sleep). Everyone is wearing compression socks (note to self - see if these are expensive and if they might be worth getting a pair!)

On Wednesday night we had a little get together at the house, and although it wasn't quite the large crowd I thought it would be, we still had a nice time and I got to meet two of my fellow bloggers - ELF & Rachel Ross. They were very sweet to stop by even though Rachel had JUST got in that day, and ELF was busy becoming the best Spectathlete she could possibly be so it was awesome she could fit this in! She was out in full force - watch out other spectathletes on Sat - you are not prepared for this!!


The pre--party scene on the back deck


Other Mark Allen athletes stopped by, along with my coaches Luis & Mark. Mark told some great Ironman stories and kept us entertained! He is so quiet spoken and introspective (the opposite of me I guess).

I didn't take any pictures because it would have been weird. So you will just have to trust me that everyone seemed to have a nice time, and I was glad I had a gathering. In other news...

All my bags are packed...

I'm ready to go... Hopefully my bike is fast!!


and so are my newtons...
I met Luke Bell at the Powerbar Breakfast...



and he was nice!!
So - here we go! Say a prayer and thank you for all the well-wishes!

No comments: