Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Detox


The Thanksgiving scene at our apartment. I'm the one with the shiny forhead about to try and eat massive quantities of food!!

I am definitely thankful for Thanksgiving. What a wonderful blessing to get together with family and friends while eating ridiculously glorious amounts of food and catching up. It is obviously a time when I think about the many things I am thankful for this year and even on a daily basis. The list is long, and I won't reveal it here, but trust that I am well aware that life is good, and that I am one lucky girl.
I'm not a fan of gluttony, and I think too much of any one thing certainly cannot be good...except for on thanksgiving. Let's just say after eating no less than two meals on the day itself for the last five years has led me to believe I really should train for this sort of thing. I'm not doing it justice the way I go about it right now. I give it a good effort, I really do, but with this much good food available, it's a cryin shame not be able to better job. At noon, it was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, rolls, broccoli casserole and pie. At six it was fillet with a wine sauce, twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach salad and low and behold, PIE! Both meals were spectacular displays of years of experience and love baked right in to each dish. For the second dinner at our apartment I provided the wine, and helped my mother with the meat, that was it! I'm a helper, not a main component in the process!
It was wonderful, but by the second dinner, although I sincerely wanted to, I just couldn't eat as much!! So much good food, so little space in the tummy. I guess I'll have to overeat for weeks prior next year in preparation! A good time was had by all!
On Friday I could barely move from the food coma I had been put in by my two meals and I barely ate a thing! I think prior to 6pm all I had was two toaster pastries, crackers with hummus and a cookie!
Then, just because I had taken two days off, I felt a brick was in order. After an hour on the trainer and then a twenty minute run I felt sooo much better. Thanksgiving detox was in full effect.


In other news, we got a montrosity, otherwise known as a 46 inch LCD TV. I never thought we would do it. Our current TV was from stolen from the house before I left for college and all of the buttons were punched out. Well, I guess Kyle had enough of staring at the small screen so he went to Sears at 5am with the rest of the crazies. I was glad he came out alive. Now, it's like being at the movies all the time. I'm not sure I'm used to it yet, but I guess I'll give it time.



The above is what happens when you do most of your training at home and by yourself. Marit labels socks left and right, I just try to make sure they're clean!


I found a new wine I enjoy. The name is a bit peculiar, but I don't think it will be hard to remember. It's a nice smooth red with some body. You'll love it if you like red wine!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and even a nice Thanksgiving Detox!

No comments: