Tuesday, February 24, 2009

25 Things


I have to admit, I'm a bit of a facebook slacker. I haven't been taking loads of crazy trips or been riding by the ocean, so no riding pictures. I haven't been accepting everyones' "hey your my relative" or "please draw a sketch of me with pencil (or whatever it is" requests. I'm more of a "yes, I'll be your friend" and I will look at your pictures, but that's about the extent of it kind of person lately. I'm not sure if it's winter, or if I just only have enough TIME or ENERGY (ELF wrote a great blog on this, check it out) to do so many things, but either way..that's my deal.


I've probably gotten ten requests to do this 25 Things You Don't Know About Me List so I've made a deal with myself. I will do this, and I will post it both places...duel postings..efficiency.. now that, I am willing to do.

So here goes, 25 Things

1. I was a cheerleader, there, I said it. I'm sure for some of you this explains a lot.

2. Swimming was my most hated event, by far. It's now become bearable..barely!

3. I always say that saying "Few and Far between" backward. Dyslexia? maybe...who knows.

4. I love campfires, roasting marshmallows and the smell of fall...hummm..yummy.

5. I swam only breaststroke for my first swim portion of a triathlon. Luckily it was only 400m.

6. I have a coat fetish. I counted the other day, I have twelve. I know that is totally unacceptable considering people are without, four of them are being donated and 3 are going on ebay..soon, very soon.

7. My name is so long on my drivers licence (it includes my middle name) that it goes down to the next line and everyone at the airport always gives me a hard time thinking my middle is my last name..so annoying!

8. I plan on coaching something, somewhere, someday..so watch out.

9. I have my own business called "Trihard-racing" and I am in the process of developing a website to go with it. I will be doing taxes for it this year for the first time, and I have NO idea what I am doing.

10. I was Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz my Junior year of High School. My Dad flew in from CA just to see it.

11. This past weekend was the anniversary of when I sang a song in church and my Grandfather was there hearing me sing for the last time before he passed the following weekend. Man I miss him.

12. Triathlon allows me to do fitness modeling since we are all freakishly in shape most of the time. Which brings me to the point that you should never buy anything from TV since I don't use it, and yet am shown using it like it was the reason I built muscle/lost fat.

13. I love the smell of new books, like school books.

14. I took dance for 6 years from the ages of 6-12.

15. I flew on a plane for the first time by myself when I was 5, going out to see my Dad.

16. I was born in Mississippi.

17. I got into nutrition because I wanted to be a chiropractor.

18. I was a lifeguard for 4 years, every summer through college.

19. Kyle and I dated for 6 years before we got married.

20. Both my parents are PhDs and college professors (well, Mom's retired now)

21. I can't play any sports that involve co-ordination of any kind. Which is why I ran!

22. I still believe in Santa Claus (kidding, that one was for fun, I hope no kids under the age of 10 are reading this!)

23. I am a Christan

24. My favorite powergel flavor is Carmel

25. I can touch my nose with my tongue

Ok...does that help any?? I hope so. NO MORE REQUESTS for that. I seriously think I just saw something about a request for 25 things - how well you know your husband.. geezz..these just aren't going to stop are they! O well. That was fun..and not as hard as I thought.

In other news, my Nutrition/Fitness/Triathlon Talk is tomorrow (I messed up the date) so we have been busy working on that like crazy! I promise to post the video once it's done.

I just got some new sunglasses from Okley and I am really stoked about them! They are called Enduring and they come with a case that looks like a spaceship! Check em out!




Lastly, the workouts are going better. I was able to swim at Clarion last night and then again tonight so that helps. I did my first 3500m workout in the pool and that went well. Thanks for the comments about last weeks poop out. I guess we all have those and everyone made me feel much better that I did the right thing (even though I did feel that way when I left). It's nice to know others have been there too!

Wish me luck tomorrow! The good news is, no matter what, I probably know more than they do about nutrition (they are in 5th & 6th grade) so hopefully if I forget something, it won't be too bad!

No comments: