Friday, June 19, 2009

Celebrating the Weekend a Day Early!

The weekend is finally here! We celebrated the fact that it was Friday with a trip to our favorite place to eat lunch down in Oakland, Red Oak Cafe. If you ever happen to be in the area, Dave, the owner is a good friend and more importantly, makes amazingly fresh, unbelievable healthy and Delicious fast lunch specials. Things like turkey wraps on organic whole wheat, or Tamie and I's favorite, the Buffalo Chicken Wrap (but not with fried chicken, just shaved chicken meat!). Thanks for the great food Dave! You're my hero.


It is SOOOO good! We love it!

We had all our regular items- blueberry peach smoothies, baked chips and even chocolate chip pretzels for dessert (ok, not so healthy but so tasty!).



It was really a treat!

This weekend is devoted to packing for both my race and for Vegas, to which I will be traveling to immediately following the race on Monday morning. I'll be packing wetsuits, and cocktail dresses...talk about a strange combination!

The training is tapering down so that is nice! I guess it's a sign, it's almost time.

I hope everyone has a great weekend of training and racing!

No comments: