Friday, June 5, 2009

NEW Sponsor

I am pleased to announce that I have added a new sponsor to the team and I couldn't be more excited.

Permit me to introduce - Finley Business Solutions!

We help individuals find the right franchise to fit their financial needs, skills and lifestyle. Dick Finley at 1-800-933-1517 or visit our website at www.finleybusinesssolutions.com.

Dick is a regular at the YMCA. He has the kind of smile that makes you want to come up and say hello. I distinctly remember him being on the rowing machine in front of me while I was getting ready to do my lat pull downs and him asking why I was always in the gym! For that I had an answer - "Oh I'm a triathlete, we basically live here, I have a cot set up in the maintenance room."

He is a wonderful man and we've been chatting for months about the weather, his daughters wedding and local news. It's so wonderful to see a friendly face in the mornings and to get a little rest between sets while catching up with a friend.

Who knew he was such a successful business owner until we starting talking about my hopes and dreams of seeing where this triathlon thing goes. It's such a blessing to have people believe in you when they see your drive and determination of showing up day after day and putting in the time in order to reap the benefits of all your hard work on race day.

I feel fortunate that people see the real me and want to be part of this journey I'm taking. It's pretty exciting to say the least.

Please check out Finley's site and pass on the word for me! I appreciate it!

As for me, I'm about to embark on one of my last full weekends of training before I start the two week taper. I have some nice long rides, runs and swims on the schedule along with some R & R and looking for a dress for a party my company is throwing in Vegas. The malls here in Pitt are pretty big so hopefully something nice (and under 50.00 will present itself!).

Stay safe everyone on the roads out there and have a good one!

No comments: