Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What Normal People Do...


I hate to say I'm abnormal, but let's face it, I am. Most people I know do not attempt to get up and go to the gym to train for at least a few hours every day before going to work and then may even jump back on their bike in the evening for another session

I love training. I love being on my bike. I love feeling fit and bounding up and down trails while trying to execute my workouts to the best of my ability. It's just something I've grown accustom to and something I enjoy so much.
With that said, for the first Tuesday in a very long time, I did not wake up at 5:30am to head to the gym. I did not try to squeeze in another workout before a 9am workday start time and I did not even pack a bag last night (wait, I take that back, I did pack a bag, just not my gym bag, more on this later).. talk about a strange feeling.
I woke up this morning at 7:30am with the normal people, showered, ate breakfast and put on my one outfit that did not involve any spandex that I would be wearing the entire day!

It was nice..and weird, but nice.
My Mom was in town delivering my bike box last night so we even had lunch today.

Kim & Donna Wana or "Wana" for short

As a side note, I am letting go of my bike 12 days ahead of time. WOW.. not easy. I am going a different method this time and will actually be transporting it via truck with a company called TriSport Express. I didn't realize they were going to be picking it up this early so yesterday involved a very quick pack job of my transition bag and late night packing the bike box! It was crazy, but it's done! I'm going to kiss it goodbye now and hope it makes it to see me again in Lubbock Texas! I'll miss you Blue! Travel safely!

No comments: