Friday, August 7, 2009

Steelhead Pictures and Busy Week

Beth and I at the start - triathletes, but friends first



Here we Go! I'm somewhere in row two on the left!


Struggling with my wetsuit. I had the hardest time with the cord! Right after this we hit ankle deep sand to run in for 50 yards or so - I was in slow motion!




Coming out of T1

Speeding on Blue! I love you Blue!

What are you looking at!? Ha! I have to hand it to Kyle as not everyone would drive the course to take pictures out the car window. He did a great job at the pictures and being a big support when I was ready to throw in the towel.



Running and not very happy about my legs.. I think this was just pre-breakdown.

Heading into the finish and VERY excited to see it!

My great buddy Jim..you're the best and I hope when I grow up I'm just like you!
Katya Meyers and I at the awards. She was very sweet and is one of my favorite triathletes.


The whole group (Kyle, Jim and I in the front and center, Cindy & Erin in the back) at dinner. It was wonderful and Erin (in the back right) did her first 70.3 that day! We all did a bit cheers to wonderful friends and coming back next year!

I'm still alive. It's been a busy work week, and I only got to log onto my computer a couple of times to attempt to quickly buzz through the most important emails and make sure that no one was going to kill me for forgetting something!

Now it's Friday at 5:45pm and I am seriously wondering what I am doing still at work. I guess it has to do with the fact that I don't have the Internet at home so if I want to blog I have to do it here after hours.

A work counterpart of mine and I attended a food show this week where we exhibited and showed our "healthier" bakery items, as well as, did some continuing education. We were fortunate enough to get to hear a presentation from Keith Harrell, motivation speaker and super fantastic guy! It really was amazing and as of late I've been doing quite a bit of thinking about what I want to do with my life (could it be that I'm turning 30 in a month?). Early mid-life crisis or not, I'm just wondering what the plan is for me and what I might look into to further develop my skill set in certain areas. Seeing speakers like Keith, who can have an impact on so many, really get my mind working about what I do well, could improve upon, and could pursue not just as a hobby but as a career.

I have some thoughts about next steps and I'm going to look into it. On Monday night I did another sports nutrition presentation at California University of PA and I just really felt in my element up there. The kids paid such close attention to every word and afterward low and behold, I got asked for my first autograph (well, my first like 8 autographs). When they stood there with pens and papers I really didn't know what to think??! I was completely dumbfounded until one of them explained it to me. I seriously almost started laughing, I definitely smiled from ear to ear. It was such a gift to be there already, but that right there made me feel like a million bucks. It was cute and thoughtful and I just really enjoyed their questions/comments and the great things I heard about them being interested in triathlon (I showed all my videos - that is always a crowd pleaser).

So, that was my week. I do think God has a way of showing us small pieces of where we are supposed to be or what we are supposed to do. We have to listen closely and really ask to be shown all the time, every day. I hope I will be fortunate enough to see the plan taking shape one day. We'll see.

In the mean time, I've got to get out of here! It's almost 6pm! I've had it!

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: