Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Don't Work Anymore...

A girl I met that was wearing a full ski/spandex suit. I liked her immediately - spandex + helmet in public at 9pm...awesome! She had to be cool..and she was!

Well, I do work...I just haven't lately. It's not that I have anything against work, I rather enjoy my job. I just haven't been there (or felt like I've been there anyways) in forever. Hey, I'm not complaining, but it does feel a bit strange so maybe next week I had better officially return for a bit! They might have sold my desk and burned all my files for heat by now.

Just because you have a bum collarbone,doesn't mean you can't hang out in the ski capital of the US for a bit and enjoy yourself right? So, in honor of being in Steamboat, Colorado all week at Musicfest, I've extended the CD give away for awhile (see last blog - Turn it Up). I also didn't get nearly as many takers so I thought I would let you know to just email me and I will be happy to hook you up with some great training tunes(kxd185@hotmail.com).

I hope everyone is having a great week.I ran outside in the 6 inches of snow today for the first time in six weeks and I was elated. The champagne powder was falling and I did wear my sling. I didn't exactly get the doctors approval, but I'm at the six week mark and many people are healed by this point. Running for me is intertwined with my soul, and I've missed it so much. It was so beautiful and I loved every second of it. I was extra careful I didn't slip or fall and today my calves are so sore because it was like running on sand!

On Tuesday of next week I'll be seeing the doctor, and I can't wait to see how the bone is healing.

I've seen some other interesting things in steamboat and here are a few for your viewing pleasure.
My grandfather used to wear these exact pajamas. They were red, had the characteristic flap back and they reminded me so much of him that I HAD to take a picture. I miss you Pap.
Well, I have now heard that this is called a Jackalope. However, if you'll notice, this has some sort of pheasant feather tail and check out the feet...so I guess it's a combination. Either way, I don't want to meet one in a dark alley or on a trail somewhere. You want to see a girl in a sling run fast, just chase me with one of these!!

More from Steamboat soon!!

No comments: