Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about??


Well, I kind of doubt that, but I will say that as much as I dread doing that dance at weddings / random occasions, I always end up having a smile on my face!

It looks like fall out my office window and its starting to feel like it too. We had a our first frost last night and I'm sure the couple of hanging baskets on my porch are probably going to bite the dust soon!

I've been busy busy this week getting ready for the Ballou Skies Fundraiser on Friday night at Buckhead's Saloon in Station Square. There will be a TON of great items for auction, as well as, just a fun evening among friends so that will be cool. I'm really looking forward to it.

In training news, I've been spending a lot of time like this - aka - sweaty, on the trainer and in my aerobars! I have to say I've been loving the "strength" workouts I've been getting through my new coach (Coach Justin) this season. I can remember a time when spending ANY time in the big ring / hardest gear was tough. Now I can hardly complete my workout on the trainer because I'm turning over the RPM's too fast in that gear. I need a spin bike at the gym with endless resistance (or I need the computrainer fairy to drop by and pay me a visit..if you see her out and about.. please send her my way!).

Workout are going well and I'm just taking it one day at a time. The next two mornings I can get up at 6:00am or later.. be still my heart - I'm excited just thinking about it!!!


Finally, the bad news is that my garmin heart rate strap is trying to kill me. I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but it is getting MAJOR mad with me lately! I think because it's a little loose (it was worn by Mr. Jason J. before - sorry Jason but you're bigger than me - which is good - really!!) that it has too much room to rub. Either way.. the though of putting it on again tonight / tomorrow makes me cringe!

The culprit!

Oh - and lastly - I couldn't be MORE excited that two awesome pro ladies that are amazing bloggers, people and athletes are headed to IM Cozumel also (Charisa & Bree)!! Yippeee! I'm really exited to see them and get a chance to race alongside some of the best (well, maybe more like behind them or I'll see them on a loop or something!).

Hope everyone is doing so well! Thanks for all the wonderful encouraging comments about the training. I am not giving up you guys!! You inspire me and I LOVE YOU!

PS. One last shout out to my aunt Dena who is going through some rough stuff right now with her Cancer treatment. Her white and red cell blood counts are really low and she had to be admitted unexpectedly last weekend. Please pray she'll get those counts up and be allowed to come home soon. I'm praying every day! Love you Aunt D!



No comments: