Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Somewhere.. A Clock is Ticking

I have been stink, stink, stinking it up with the blog lately and keeping it updated.  Training is back in swing and I have a full load of athletes and nutrition clients with lots of needs so the blog has to take a back seat!  However, I did get reminded of just how important it is that we spend our time wisely by one of my athlete's sharing this awesome excerpt below with me the other day via email.

I feel so very blessed this Holiday season.  I'm healthy, I have great family and friends around me and so much to look forward to at this moment.  There have also been some moments of despair as my heart broke for those impacted by the shooting in CT.  Trust me, words cannot express and thoughts cannot even imagine to capture the pain those poor families are in and I am not even going to try.  Just know I've prayed, I've thought and I've held those close to me dear and will continue to do so.  In addition, my other goal is to refuse to be afraid.  We can't let people like that steal our joy or let us lose hope.  Hope is necessary.  Hope is everything.



With that said, many of you are getting ready to make your resolutions and getting excited about a new fresh start just like the brand new layer of fallen snow outside my window.

Enjoy this little except - from where, I don't know!  It really spoke to me and I hope it does the same for you!
We are all given 24 hours in a day. What we do with it is what really matters.

"Imagine if a bank credits your account each morning with $86,400. It does not carry over any balance from day to day. Every night the bank deletes whatever balance you have failed to use during that day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course.


Each of us has such a bank, called "time." Every morning, time credits you with 86,400 seconds each day. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There is no drawing against "tomorrow." You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success. The clock is running. Make the most of today.





Whenever you think that time is not your most valuable commodity in life: Ask a student who failed a grade, about the value of one year. Ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby, about the value of one month. Ask the editor of a weekly newspaper, about the value of one week. Ask the lovers who are waiting to meet, about the value of one hour. Ask a person who missed the train, about the value of one minute. Ask a person who just avoided an accident, about the value of one second. Treasure every moment for the account will irrevocably clear out tonight, with no roll-over.

Remember that time waits for no one. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present."

1 comment:

Steve said...

I don't think you have been bad with your blog updating. It is the Holidays. :)

Hope you guys had a good Christmas. We are so low key, it really isn't a big deal.


I don't really do New Years partying anymore either. I'll probably be up by 3:00 AM on Jan 1st!! Well rested too. ;)