Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends...

"A Friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!!"
- (sent by Heather Tallent)

Lately I've felt completely surrounded by my friends. Friends on Facebook, friends at the gym, friends that leave messages on my blog that lift me up. I'm a true believer in that you get back what you put out into the world and into other people. I'm immensely thankful for my friends and I always will be. They are the salt of the earth, and I can't imagine my life without them.

Even if it's been awhile since we last spoke, I'm a person who holds on to my friends in my heart. I may not know the intricate details of their life, but when they call to talk I always want to be there to listen.

There's been a nice group going on here in the immediate friend family lately and it's been making my life that at times seems so difficult, much more bearable. Our little group has gotten together for a couple of Saturdays in a row to ride, run, eat...well, I guess that's what we like to do so that covers it!

It's been really wonderful and I've been enjoying getting to know them on an even deeper level.

So here's to friends, may you always be blessed to have them in your life...

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."

- Charles Caleb Colton

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."

"A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else."

- Len Wein - Sent by Paulo Louro

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
- Sent by Donna Roberts

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."
- Sent by Lysha

On another note, I haven't forgotten about sharing some little nutrition tidbits with you as they come along! I have pictures as well, but I'm having some trouble with my camera but I'm not giving up yet!

We were just offered a wonderful at our office called "Good Apples" http://www.goodapples.org/ It's a virtual farm market and all of the produce is extremely fresh. It's delivered right to our building once a week and I'm not sure that its available in all areas, but it's worth looking into for sure! Talk about a way to increase your fruit and vegetable consumption!

However, for those who are tired of buying fruit and having it go bad, here's an idea. If you happened to overbuy strawberries, blueberries, bananas, grapes or other fruits and you just KNOW they are going to go bad - Freeze them! You can just chop them up and store them in a storage bag (after squeezing all the air out) in the freezer. That way, when you're ready for a wonderful breakfast or afternoon smoothie you pull them out, throw them in the blender with a little low fat yogurt, protein powder and ice if you like it to be a bit thicker for a delicious and nutritious meal component or snack! It's a great way to cut down on waste and not KICK yourself for throwing away fruit at the end of it's lifespan.

Happy eating!

No comments: