Friday, January 2, 2009

San Diego or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Well Kids, it's time.


I can't tell you how excited I am to travel for work. Ok.. let me rephrase that, to travel for work and for play!



Every once in awhile a career that requires me to travel brings me to places in the country that I actually want to go and low and behold, where there are people I actually know! When in early December one of the regional managers asked me to come out to San Diego and help with the CA school show, I made out like it wasn't a big deal, but inside secretly I was like "YES, YES, YES!" I decided breaking out into song would look like a little much, so I held it in until I talked to Marit and she was so kind as to invite me to stay for a bit and train prior to having to work.



This is the perfect example of how some amazing friendships and really good things can come from communicating with people in this manner. I respect the blog for what it is, and it's fun, and cathartic, and inspiring, and interesting, and even a chance to learn from other people. It's the connection...it can be real and you can meet wonderful people that you would have never met otherwise and I'm thankful for that.


With that said, the bike is packed...




The weather looks unbelievable!


Sun Jan 4
Sunny
61°

Mon Jan 5
Sunny
59°


Tue Jan 6
Mostly Sunny
63°


Wed Jan 7
Sunny
67°

And we have an exciting week of swimming, biking, running, hot yoga and wine tasting planned!!! Yes, I put that last one on the schedule myself ( Jen - Marit had nothing to do with it I swear!). I will be riding my bike outside for the first time since Kona so I hope I remember how to descend a mountain at mock two!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year and a great start to 2009. I have a great feeling about this year, and I can't wait to start it off with a bang in sunny San Diego. Now, if only the flights cooperate I will be so happy!!

No comments: