Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just In The Nick of Time






On a rainy day like this one, it could be tempting to think something negative. It started raining last night, and hasn't stopped since.

I swam in the morning yesterday, and then turned around to do my moderately long bike (2 hrs) on the trainer last night. I must have been really jamming because it really did go pretty fast and I was pleased with my heart rate and how I did for the first time all week. It's been a tough week motivation wise. There's been too much going on in my head to keep the training at the forefront (not to mention lack of sleeping and eating like I should).

When the mail came though, it was all smiles, ear to ear. I had no idea what was in store but it was the best present anyone could get. It was letters, from the kids! I had about a hundred letters all written by the 5th & 6th Graders at North Strabane Elementary School. They were colorful, and funny, and there were pictures! It was just awesome! I had no idea they were going to have all of them write to me, but what a gift. I can't say there is anything that would have made my day better than this!!

I also got my Newtons, but those were old news compared to these.. (sorry Newtons - I do love you, you are great shoes, you will get love tomorrow on the blog, today is for the kids!).

So, I have some to share with you. I wish I could share them all, but that would be way too much scanning. These are just a few of my favorites. God must have knew I needed a pick-me-up. This sure did the trick.


I loved this one - a real bike (well, with a basket etc.) but close!

Young Kyle even has the M Dot Symbol (which I did not show in the talk so he must have looked it up, I like to train them early)

If you are looking for an example of what to eat tonight, just look above Hayley has it all mapped out. Strawberries with steak - hum, interesting choice, but balanced none the less!

We gave the kids Super Donuts (which our company makes - better for you donuts, less fat, fortified etc.) and Emma did a drawing of one! How cool!


I just liked this one because it was girly!

Love the Bike, Run, Swim example here, especially those socks. I'm going to look for those, maybe they are compression!


I think this is a picture of me. I must have had good hair that day, high volume!

Last one, very nice to get letters like this one and know something we do can make a difference. Thanks Kids.. you made my day just in the nick of time.

No comments: