Monday, April 13, 2009

Random Ravings

The Finish Line of Just a Short Run from two weeks ago, I guess rasing my arm is my signature thing now. There's a little more to it than that, but I'll keep that to myself or for another blog!
You've gotta love Easter, our Savior rising from the dead, family and great food to stuff your face with until you can't see, can't sleep and can't think of food for at least four hours. After a wonderful weekend in Pittsburgh going to the film festival (which was AMAZING by the way!), we went to church and then ate at my Mother's for lunch. On the menu was ham, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, strawberry salad, rolls and carrot cake. It was a a plethora of homemade delicacies and I was in heaven. It doesn't take much more than a plate full of Mom's cooking!
Weekend workouts went well although I am seriously pushing my trainer limits at this point in the year. I would rather throw it into the lake outside than even think about riding it again. At 22 degrees this morning, guess who will be on it again come 7am tomorrow. Is anyone with me on this trainer thing?? At the beginning of the training season I'm all, "oh, this isn't so bad, yeah, I get great work done on this thing, I can handle this." These days the conversation goes a bit more like this, "stupid trainer, I saw that look you just gave me and you are going to pay, pay, pay. You just wait until this summer when I walk right past you every day opting for the sun on my back and the wind in my hair, a distant memory trainer, a distant memory."
This morning I swam. I'm not usually a swim workout list-er, but this one deserves a mention. I'm pretty sure Coach is making sure we are mentally tough with stuff like this because it's a cross between that and becoming an endurance machine:
WU: 200 swim, 200 pull, 200 kick
8 x 50 (2 each stroke)
MS: 3 x 800 (1 min)
6 x 150 (20 sec)
CD: 200
4500 total
It was not fast, it was just long.. and then long again, oh..then you guessed it...freaking long. My arms felt like they were going to fall off..then.. I lifted.
On another random note, has anyone seen this show on the travel channel Anthony Bordain's No Reservations? I love it. I think it has to do with my fascination with food, travel, wine and his smug hilarious honest rhetoric. Cracks me up! Check out if you haven't seen it!


No comments: