Monday, April 20, 2009

Sun, Sand, Aloe and Pina Coladas!


My Giant Burger on the way here. It had pinapple and teriaki sauce on it and it was delicilous! I ate the whole thing!

Lissa and I at lunch today!

These are reasons why I love Aruba! Our flight yesterday was long, long, long. We left my house at 4:45am and arrived at our hotel in Aruba at 8:30pm! I can't complain, we arrived with suitcases in hand and without any delays or flight changes (which is unusal for me right!).

The hotel is wonderful and we slept until 10am today. I guess we resorted back to colleges days or something. Lis was sick as a dog yesterday but I told her that there was going to be three things we needed to cure this bad case of laringitis and mucus nastiness, they are (not in any order):

1. Sun



2. Sleep (10 hours will do!)

3. Booze
It's working. It's 6pm and she's almost there. We had plenty of sun today at the beach and two pina coladas a piece so I was a happy girl! Tonight, it's dinner with the work crew and tomorrow I'm afraid it down to business.

There's a little boat that will take us from our hotel to a private island though so I am pretty excited to check that out. So far today, no training..um...at all..so not sure what to say about that. I think every once in awhile we all need a break so this might be my week. Worrying about training will just stress me out and I am not about to do that in Aruba. Aruba is like the anthesis of stress so I'll just leave that off the table.



The sundresses are ironed, the forhead already is burned around my sunglass line and I'm very thankful to just lay around thinking about nothing for the first time in a long time.

you know they have chicken parts here?? Would you like me to throw some in a bag for you and bring them home? I wonder what they do with those..I'm sure it's interesting..
How about square money. Lissa and I were amazed with the novelty of this whole thing.. not sure why so much. We just liked it!
OK.. spell check isn't working so please..just excuse any fastly typed errors.. oh boy..my Mom is going to have a hay day with this one.

No comments: